Ryanair, along with Erasmus Student Network, has committed to improving Erasmus experience for all European students. That is why, from September on, when flying with Ryanair, all ESNcard holders will be able to enjoy:
- 15% discount on 8 single flights (or 4 return flights)
- Free check-in luggage of 20kg with each of these 8 flights booked
- Weekly travel offers for Erasmus students
- Tailored Ryanair in-journey offers on the mobile app
How to claim this wonderful offer?
First of all you need to have a valid and activated ESN card, don't have it yet? Come at our office! :)
Once you received the ESN card follow these steps:
- Register in ESNcard.org. As this data will be used to validate your ESNcard during your flight booking process, please, remember to fill in all the blanks in your user profile - also your ESNcard number.
- Go to Ryanair and sign-up (or log-in if you already have an account).
- Add your details in the Erasmus tab of your Ryanair dashboard.
- Make sure that they match your ESNcard user profile data (use the same names, pay attention to typos, etc.).
- Wait until your ESNcard and other details are validated. This is not live validation, so it might take a few days.
- Once it is validated, use the booking widget at the bottom of the Erasmus section of your Ryanair dashboard to make your bookings at a discounted rate. Only bookings made using this widget will be considered for the discount, so make sure you do not use the normal booking engine of Ryanair or any other booking systems.
Frequently asked questions
Can I buy a ticket with the promotion for every period of the year?
This offer is a way of helping exchange students and interns to travel during their exchange period, so it is only applicable for flights booked, at least, 28 days in advance and for travelling dates between 1st of September to 15th of June.
Does the discount apply to every flight I book with Ryanair?
No. The offer is only available for 8 single flights booked, at least, 28 days before the date of the flight and being this within the 1st of September and the 15th of June.
How do I access the benefits?
In order to have access to the offer, you need to follow these instructions:
- Get yourself an ESNcard, if you do not have one already.
- Register at ESNcard.org and activate your advantages by adding your ESNcard number (under the barcode) to your user profile.
- Fill in all the information requested in your ESNcard.org profile. This is really important, as it is used to identify the passenger as an ESNcard holder, hence, a person eligible for the discount and other perks.
- Go to Ryanair’s ESN dedicated website (Ryanair.com > Log in > Dashboard > Erasmus) and follow the booking process. If you don’t see this notification, please remove your ESNcard data from the registration form and submit it again.
- Make sure that the information you submit is correct (as in: compliant with your ESNcard user account details).
Why does the system reject my ESNcard details?
Please check the following aspects of your information VERY carefully:
- Have you ever registered at ESNcard.org by yourself? If not, please create an account at ESNcard.org/register.
- Have you added your ESNcard number to your ESNcard.org user profile? If not, please do so. Also for the rest of the information requested (phone number is not mandatory).
- Do you have any spelling mistakes or unnecessary spaces in your first name and/or surname either in your ESNcard.org user profile or your myRyanair validation section?
- Have you split your full name in the same way on both your profiles on ESNcard.org and myRyanair?
- Have you entered the same date of birth in both platforms?
- Are you sure you have entered in myRyanair your HOME university name (the one you come from), and not your host university name (the one where you are doing your exchange at)? Please select the same HOME university in both platforms.
Why is my ESNcard number “already in use”?
If you have received this notification, your ESNcard number is, in all likelihood, assigned to another Ryanair account. Try using another email address while logging in or log in to the platform with Facebook. If you are unable to log in with Facebook, please log in with your email address and password that you normally use for your Facebook account.
Will cancelling my account at ESNcard.org and creating a new one help with the Ryanair validation process?
No, it will not. Your ESNcard number is assigned to the email address that you registered the card with. If you cancel your account, you will not be able to create a new account with the same ESNcard number or log in to the previous one. Consequently, completing your Ryanair validation form will become impossible.